This information and disclaimer governs your use of our website and the services we provide; by using our website and taking part on a gapcreative project, you accept this disclaimer in full.
2. Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights in the website, material on the website and the services we provide. We will not reveal any personal details to any third party and we rigorously follow the eight principles embodied in the Data Protection Act 1988. Under this Act, all information provided must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed.
- Processed for limited purposes (dealing exclusively for the purpose of providing a creativegap experience on a chosen project).
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Not kept longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights.
- Not transferred to third parties/countries/other persons.
We have no call centres. Applicants will deal directly with the Director (and occasionally other staff) in all stages of the process.
Under the regulations embodied within the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000, applicants must:
- Be given clear information about gapcreatives services before financial transaction is made.
- Be given a period in which applicants can withdraw from the contract once made (this will be made absolutely clear during the orientation process).
- Be refunded all monies paid (within a certain defined time frame which will be clearly signposted at the outset).
- Be given written confirmation of the order details by post, fax or e-mail.
3. Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- (a) you must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
- (b) you must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose.
4. Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on it. Our service is to provide orientation, preparation, information and all reasonable support leading up to and during a Gap creative project in Kenya. We cannot be held responsible for any events outside our control while the placement is in situ. It is entirely the responsibility of the volunteer to ensure that (s)he has fulfilled medical requirements as advised by a professional medical practitioner such as a doctor and/or GP prior to departure, and that sufficient precaution regarding health and safety are carried out while the placement is in situ. This includes taking out a comprehensive health/travel insurance policy.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy. Further information, including our risk assessment, medical information and packing list is provided as part of the service before any financial commitment is made.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website or service, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise and including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
6. Entire agreement
This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and services, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website and services provided. The orientation process will require you signing a hard copy of this disclaimer after further elucidation and information has been provided.
7. Law and jurisdiction
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.